June 28, 2008

She Blew A Good Thing

I found this single off of a Northern Soul compilation, but can't find hardly anything else about the group or the song!




To further my point, that's clearly not even a picture of the band! It's just the funniest image I found in my search for a picture of them. There was also a Glaswegian band with the same name, that seemed to have been hogging the spotlight.

However, despite their elusiveness, this is a terrific song, and I do know that it was released in 1966. It's another one of those great "I told her so" songs, which are usually sang by girls, I've noticed. Despite the teasing lyrics, and the fact that he's singing about a failed relationship, the song is almost childishly blithesome, and a Northern Soul treasure!

Here's the original.

No comments: